The mountains of Nepal is a treasure for all the mountain lovers around the world. And among many such mountain trails Annapurna Base camp in February is the highly preferred one. Annapurna weather in February marks the end of winter and beginning of beautiful spring. Here is a detail of Annapurna Base camp in February. This will also be applicable for Annapurna Circuit trek in February.
During the initial weeks, there is only occasional snowfall while the temperature gradually increases. The number of trekkers begins to rise and you will only meet a few wanders on the trial. As the snowfall of January still prevails, mountain peak looks stunning. The clear sky during the morning offers the majestic view of Annapurna. The freezing temperature and wild weather of the mountain will definitely make things interesting.
Annapurna Weather in February:
February in Nepal marks the ending of winter as the spring spreads its fragrance. The days are sunny but the nights and mornings are still chilling. During February, snowfall is occasional and adds adventure to your trek. The lush forest with slight white covering makes the surrounding landscape look mesmerizing. The sky is clear, offering the awe-inspiring views of mountain peaks as Mount Annapurna (8091m), Mount Machhapuchhre, Fang, Gangapurna, etc.
The average daytime temperature of February at higher altitudes is around 4 degree Celsius. But the base camp is even colder. The nights are freezing as with the temperature of below -5 degrees Celsius. The sunshine hour is during January is only 5 to 6 hours which means you should start your trek early in the morning. To sum up, Annapurna Base camp in February is awesome.
Annapurna Base Camp in February Highlights:
- First and foremost, Awe-inspiring mountain views
- Mesmerizing sunrise view from Poon Hill
- Spectacular views of frozen glacier
- A bath in hot spring at Jhinu Danda
- Visit the village of Ghandruk
- Witness the floral diversity and exotic floral along the trail
- Witness Nepal’s rich tradition and culture
Annapurna Base Camp in Difficulty
Annapurna Base camp in February is usually a moderate trek. The trek doesn’t need advanced physical fitness or previous trekking experiences. The major risk that is altitude sickness is still there.
But as winter days are often wet and cold, the trek gets quite tough. The white snow sometimes makes the fun double and sometimes adds to the trouble. But with the right equipment and preparations, there is no risk for Annapurna Base camp in February.
Annapurna in February Accommodation:
As January indicated the beginning of winter it’s the less preferred time for alluring that natural beauty. You don’t have to worry about accommodation in Kathmandu, Pokhara or any parts of the trek. You will have a lot of options to choose for accommodation and you don’t have to book the room in advance
Almost all tea houses in the region have a small private room with twin beds. The room cost around $3 to $6, but as winter is the off-season; you might get them even at lower rates. The rule is similar for both Annapurna Circuit trek in Feburary and Annapurna Base Camp in February.
Annapurna Trekking Permits Costs:
Annapurna Conservation Area Project permit cost the US $2 for SAARC countries and the US $30, for other nationals while the Trekkers’ Information Management System card Cost US $20.
Annapurna Base camp in February tips:
- As the weather high altitude during winter is unpredictable, be prepared even for the worst time.
- As winter is an off-season for Annapurna region trekking, you might not meet a lot of people in the way, it’s safe to hire a guide
- Start the trek early in the morning so that you can reach your destination before it gets hard
- Pack very warm clothes and sleeping bags
- Hire a porter as you need to carry a lot of warm clothes
- Take enough time to let your body acclimatize
- Stay hydrate and always drink non-polluted water
- Carry enough cash as there are no ATMs in the ABC route.
The heavenly view of the giant Himalayas is always captivating. But the perfect weather and snowfall in February makes it even better. Let us plan your tour better with the right trekking Itinerary. Contact us here for any queries. We are here to help you.