- 1 Introduction Mardi Himal
- 1.0.1 Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,350m/4,428ft)
- 1.0.2 Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing
- 1.0.3 Day 3: Fly to Pokhara, drive to Phedi and trek to Pothana (1,800m) 4-5 hours trek
- 1.0.4 Day 4: Trek to Forest Camp (2,550m) 5-6 hour trek
- 1.0.5 Day 5: Forest Camp to High Camp (3,900m) 5-6 hour trek
- 1.0.6 Day 6: High Camp to Mardi Himal Base Camp (4,500m) 8-9 hour trek
- 1.0.7 Day 7: High Camp to Siding Village (1,750m) 5-6 hour trek
- 1.0.8 Day 8: Siding to Lwang Village (4130m) 2-3 hour trek
- 1.0.9 Day 9: Lwang to Pokhara and Kathmandu
- 1.0.10 Day 10- Departure
- 2 Cost Includes for Mardi Himal Trek
- 3 Cost Excludes for Mardi Himal Trek
Introduction Mardi Himal
Nepal is home for multiple fantastic trekking spots. The classic trekking trails have already bestowed hundreds and thousands of tourists with its exotic beauty. But the travel enthusiast always keeps on looking for something more adventurous and fun to do. Mardi Himal Trek Nepal is one of the recently discovered wonderlands. In just a couple of years, it has been established as the most legendary trekking destination.
This trek is among the shortest Base Camp trek in Nepal. The trek to Mardi Himal Trek commences from the beautiful city of Pokhara. Then, we shall drive to Phedi where the trek actually begins. First, we shall trek to Pothana, Forest Camp, and then to Low Camp. From the place called High Camp (3700m), you climb towards the Base Camp in 3-4 hours. In the trail, you can enjoy the spectacular views of Annapurna Range.
Contact us here and book your journey to Nepal.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,350m/4,428ft)
On your arrival at the International airport in Nepal, our representative will welcome you. As you land in Kathmandu, Nepal’s capital you will be transferred to the hotel. During the drive to the hotel, you can enjoy the scene of Kathmandu. During the evening, we shall enjoy the welcome dinner in the hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing
Today, we will go for some sightseeing to comprehend Nepal’s cultural and historical values. Kathmandu, Nepal’s capital is a famous destination for tourists. It is known as the city of Temple and has a different UNESCO world heritage sites. This city bestows you with the prodigious combination of religious harmony between Hinduism, and Buddhism. Kathmandu carries the religious and cultural legacy that has temples, artifacts, and monuments. Bhaktapur and Patan and are other neighbor cities that are equally important.
Firstly, you will be guided to the Pashupatinath temple. It is a famous Shrine where Hindu people worship Lord Shiva. Then, we will drive to Boudhanath which is the biggest and most beautiful stupa of Nepal. We will also explore Kathmandu Durbar Square. There’s a temple, the home where Kumari (the living goddesses) lives and other monuments inside the temple.
Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 3: Fly to Pokhara, drive to Phedi and trek to Pothana (1,800m) 4-5 hours trek
Initially, we will take the morning flight to Kathmandu. The 25-minute flight is filled with a beautiful scene of the Himalayas below your eyes. Pokhara is a beautiful city that has beautiful lakes. From the airport, we will drive to Phedi in private vehicle. The drive along the raw and bumpy road is fun and thrilling.
From Phedi, the trek actually begins. We trek to Pothana for a nightstand. The entire trek is about three to four hours of hike. During Mardi Himal Trek, we can enjoy the beautiful views of Mardi Himal, Annapurna south, and Machhapuchhare (Fishtail)
Since there are only a few hotels in Pothana, you won’t have multiple options for a hotel. After we check-in the hotel, we will take rest.
Overnight in Pothana
Day 4: Trek to Forest Camp (2,550m) 5-6 hour trek
From Pothana, we shall leave the Annapurna Sanctuary trail. Then, we start walking in the remote beaten trail to Mardi Himal Trek. The trail moves along the quiet trail that passes through a dense forest of maple, oak, rhododendron, and hemlock. About four hours of the trek in the steep trail, you get to the Forest Camp. Locally, the place is also called Kokar. The trail is easy and thus you can move slow.
Overnight in Forest Camp
Day 5: Forest Camp to High Camp (3,900m) 5-6 hour trek
From the Forest Camp, we can enjoy the beautiful environment in the morning. After breakfast, we will begin to walk along the path of Rhododendron and other trees that are mostly covered with moss, ferns, and lichen. On the trail, you can enjoy the spectacular views of Machhapuchhre ahead, Mardi Himal, and Annapurna South. About four hours of walks take you to Low Camp. You can enjoy the journey and walk slow of Mardi Himal Trek.
From Low Camp, you need to walk a couple of hours to High camp. High Camp only has a couple of lodges with basic facilities. We can crash in one of them for the night.
Overnight in High Camp
Day 6: High Camp to Mardi Himal Base Camp (4,500m) 8-9 hour trek
You can start your day with the spectacular views of Mt. Machhapuchhre and Annapurna. After breakfast, you shall climb through the steep, rocky, and uneven trail to get to the High Camp. From Mardi Himal Base Camp, the magnificent view of Mardi Himal and Mt. Fishtail right above you will make you mesmerized.
Overnight in Kathmandu
Contact us here to book your journey to Nepal.
Day 7: High Camp to Siding Village (1,750m) 5-6 hour trek
Today we will ascend closer to the Pokhara. But, we shall take a different path towards the circuit. From the Mardi Himal Trek High Camp, we will go down to Siding village. After four of five hours of trek, we shall finally reach the village. Feo the rest of the evening, you can explore the nearby areas. You can enjoy the traditional Nepalese dinner in the evening. Siding is a classic Nepalese village that is quiet and natural. Suited away from the busy tourist, trekkers can enjoy a quiet stay.
Overnight at Siding Village
Day 8: Siding to Lwang Village (4130m) 2-3 hour trek
After a delicious breakfast in Siding, we continue to descend on the trail that leads us to Lwang village. The trail climbs down through the forest of Rhododendron and Maple to the permanent settlements. Here, we can have plenty of opportunities to enjoy within the Gurung community. You can witness the great Nepalese lifestyle. Also, you get to enjoy organic food. Instead of the tea house, you can choose homestay accommodation. Also, if you are into the adventure, you can enjoy canyoning in the waterfall that is suited to the outskirt of the village.
Overnight in Siding Village.
Day 9: Lwang to Pokhara and Kathmandu
After enjoying the local breakfast if Lwang, we will drive towards Pokhara. Once we reach Pokhara, we will fly to Kathmandu on a domestic flight. The 25 minutes long flight is full of beautiful scenery. Then, we will drive to the hotel in Kathmandu.
For the evening, we can spend our time shopping in Thamel. Thamel has different classic handicraft that you can carry to your home county as a gift. In the evening, you can enjoy the farewell dinner. This is going to be our last dinner together. We can share our experience during the trip and make any suggestions for us.
Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 10- Departure
Today, our Mardi Himal Trek journey comes to an end. As per your flight schedule, we shall drive you to the airport, two hours before the time. Waving a final goodbye, we shall set our journey apart.
Cost Includes for Mardi Himal Trek
· Pick and drop from the airport in private vehicle
· Meal ( Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners) during the trek.
· Welcome and farewell dinner during the day of arrival and the last day
· Sharing twin bedrooms in the best available tea house during the trek.
· Three-star hotel during your stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara
· Guided sightseeing fees in Kathmandu.
· Provides an experienced local licensed guide for the trek.
· For a larger group, the assistant guide is provided
· A porter to carry your luggage (one for every two trekkers)
· Accommodation, salary, and food for your guide and porters.
· Drive from Pokhara in a private car or van
· Sleeping bag and down jacket that should be returned after the trek
· Insurance for your porter and guide.
· Necessary permits for Mardi Himal trek.
· Any other applicable vat, local tax, and other office service charge.
Cost Excludes for Mardi Himal Trek
· Any airport free
· All beverages like cold drinks, mineral water, and bar bills,
· Entrance fees for Cultural heritages during Kathmandu sightseeing
· Travel insurance for the trek
· Nepal Tourist Visa fees,
· Personal Trekking gears like trekking boots, bags
· Cost of any trekking equipment used during the trek other than the ones mentioned above
· Rescue operation during the emergency case.
· Any expenses due to the change in itinerary due to causes like including landslides, strikes, flood, e.t.c
· Internet, phone calls, heater charge, Laundry
· Tips for porters and guides as per your will
· Any other personal expenses and Items
Contact us here to book your journey to Nepal.
1 thought on “Mardi Himal Trek Nepal Itinerary – 10 Days”
great blog and details information about Mardi himal trekking.