Planning a tour to Nepal? Wondering how to get Nepal Visa for US citizen for any other tourists? Did you know that Nepal visa application process is super easy and you can also get Nepal visa on arrival at International airport.
Then you must be apprehensive about getting a tourist visa for Nepal. But don’t panic, when it comes to applying for a visa, Nepal makes things far lighter for foreign travelers.
Everyone (except Indian nationals) needs a visa to Nepal. But luckily it’s a facile process. Here’s the information on obtaining a tourist visa for Nepal.
You can contact us here to know more about visa application procedure
There are three different ways to apply for a tourist visa to Nepal:
Apply Nepal visa on arrival
Fill the visa application forms in arrivals’ hall at TIA where electronic registration machines take your photo, read your passport, and print out a completed form. You will need these things to apply for a visa of arrival to Nepal:
• One passport-sized photo having a light background;
• Cash to pay (USD, EUR, CHF, GBP, HKD, AUD, CAD, SGD, and JPY);
• A six-month valid passport
Online Nepal Visa Application (In Advance)
Apply for a tourist visa within 15 days of your arrival in Nepal online. For online application, you’ll need your hotel address and a digital version of a PP-sized photo. Once confirmed, print out the confirmation receipt and show the paper to the Immigration officer upon arrival. You should pay for a visa on arrival itself. Also there are two other way you can apply for visa in advance. You can apply at any of land border crossings open for foreigners or apply at Nepal’s foreign consulates from abroad (in advance).
Tourist Nepal visa cost
|15 days $25 USD|
|30 days $40 USD|
|90 days $100 USD|
|Multiple-entry $20 USD (Useful for going back-and-forth between Tibet & India)|
Requirements (Eligibility to apply for Nepali Visa)
• Your passport should have at least six months of validity (from the date of your arrival in Nepal).
• Your passport should have at least one blank page for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
• You are NOT a citizen or national of Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Iraq, Palestin, and Afghanistan. For the citizen of these countries, Visa is not granted on arrival at the immigration of Nepal. They have to apply at Diplomatic Mission in their your country or at Nepal Embassy or Diplomatic Mission in your country).
Extending Your Visa
At the Immigration Department in Kathmandu or Pokhara one can extend your Nepal visa for 150 days. The visa extending cost for Nepal is $30 for 15 days, and an additional $2 per day after that. You’ll need to submit your passport, extension fee, a photo, and the application extension form to complete the process.
Visa extensions are provided the same day you apply, normally within two hours. Your travel agencies can assist you with the visa-extension process and save your time and tedium for some fee.
Nepal Visa for SAARC citizen
SAARC Citizen (except Afghanistan) who visit Nepal for the first time in given visa year can get free visa up to Up to 30 days. For Afghani citizen, Gratis Visa on Arrival is possible upon a recommendation of Department of Immigration.
Free Visa to Nepal (Gratis Visa)
• Children below 10 years
• Non Residential Nepalese card holder ( issued by MoFA or Nepalese diplomatic missions abroad)
• Chinese Nationals
• Officials from China, Russia, Brazil, and Thailand do not need Entry Visa based on reciprocal visa waiver Agreement
If you have any further queries, you can contact us here.
Happy trekking !!
1 thought on “How to get Nepal Visa for Tourist on arrival”